Job Posting – Technical Artist
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Artist to join our team. You will be working alongside the team that created the ambitious King's Quest inspired fan game The Silver Lining.
Our current team is comprised of professionals in their fields, and many of the people in our team have gone off to high caliber studios in the industry, after building their skills sets with The Silver Lining. We will ensure that your experience will be unique, and that you will learn invaluable information.
The position is volunteer basis, but with the potential of becoming a paid position in the future.
- Integrate art and animation content into the game engine.
- Work closely with both art and programming teams, offering feedback, guidance, and insight to improve the look and functionality of our products.
- Assist others by solving technical issues related to exporting or implementation.
- Work with programmers to create programs that will speed up the integration pipeline.
- Assist with Special Effects, Lighting, Animation and Rigging, and their implementation into the engine.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Maya.
- Knowledge of animation, rendering, and lighting techniques.
- Familiarity and experience with programming engines and scripting languages; familiarity with the Unity engine is preferred.
- Previous experience with the production process is preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Both a good team player and able to work individually.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Must be set up for conversations through Skype.
- Availability of a minimum of 15 hours/week.
- Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
For portfolios, we prefer online portfolios. Either send us a link to your website, or a link to download the files.