We are looking for an enthusiastic Environment Artist to join our team. You will be working alongside the team that created the ambitious King\\\'\'s Quest inspired fan game The Silver Lining.
Our current team is comprised of professionals in their fields, and many of the people in our team have gone off to high caliber studios in the industry, after building their skills sets with The Silver Lining. We will ensure that your experience will be unique, and that you will learn invaluable information.
The position is volunteer basis, but with the potential of becoming a paid position in the future.
- Assist the Art Directors in finishing amazing environments that feel akin to the fantasy setting.
- Polish modeling and texturing of environments as needed.
- Lighting and baking of the environments.
- Optimize environments for performance.
- Strong understanding of form and composition, color and lighting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
- Experience with modeling, texturing, and UV mapping ability.
- Understanding of lighting and baking techniques, including Ambient Occlusion.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills
- Solution oriented and proactive
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be set up for conversations over Skype and MSN Messenger.
- Ability to put in at least 15 hours of volunteer work weekly.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
For portfolios, we prefer online portfolios. Either send us a link to your website, or a link to download the files.